Get fire safety tips delivered straight to your inbox
Fire safety in the healthcare sector
Whether you work in a care home, hospital or other healthcare setting, Fireco can help you with your fire safety needs.
We have solutions that can help with:
- Easier access for stretchers, wheelchairs and other equipment
- Removing the obstruction of a closed fire heavy door
- Patients that are bedbound not feeling isolated behind a closed fire door
- Compliance with fire regulations
- No more struggling with heavy doors so frailer and less mobile patients can move around more easily
- Minimising risk of injury from heavy doors closing too quickly
A Sussex hospital solved its heavy fire door problem with Dorgard Pro. Watch our video to find out more.
“Approximately half of those killed by fires in the home are aged 65 or over” states the North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service*. Older people are often more vulnerable when it comes to accidents and emergencies which places a huge importance on fire safety...read more
Sheltered housing residents sometimes damage or disable fire door closers to make them easier to open. This is unsafe and against fire regulations. What is the solution?read more
There are many challenges to managing fire safety in a care home. Our Fireco guide offers advice to simplify safety and easily stay compliant with fire regulations.read more