Get fire safety tips delivered straight to your inbox
Fire safety in the healthcare sector
Whether you work in a care home, hospital or other healthcare setting, Fireco can help you with your fire safety needs.
We have solutions that can help with:
- Easier access for stretchers, wheelchairs and other equipment
- Removing the obstruction of a closed fire heavy door
- Patients that are bedbound not feeling isolated behind a closed fire door
- Compliance with fire regulations
- No more struggling with heavy doors so frailer and less mobile patients can move around more easily
- Minimising risk of injury from heavy doors closing too quickly
A Sussex hospital solved its heavy fire door problem with Dorgard Pro. Watch our video to find out more.
There are many challenges to managing fire safety in a care home. Our Fireco guide offers advice to simplify safety and easily stay compliant with fire regulations.read more
Evacuating a care home has its own unique challenges. Elderly residents could be bedbound, suffering from dementia, hard of hearing, or unable to move without assistance. Added to this is the distress that a loud fire alarm can cause to vulnerable residents.read more
The average person consumes 2kg of food and water and breathes out approximately 1,200 litres of carbon dioxide every day. With that in mind — how does that then affect the air quality of where we spend a lot of our time and how important is ventilation?read more